After the rain began Thursday morning, seven car accidents were reported to police before mid-afternoon. That number doesn’t include unreported incidents or those involving single car spin-outs where the driver resumed his route. One of those was a pickup truck southbound on Alicia at Via Fabricante at 8 a.m.
The biggest wreck involved two cars on northbound Alicia in front of the Target Store at Charlinda. Damage was extensive to the front ends of both vehicles. Injuries have not been disclosed, but paramedics were attending to those involved. Traffic was severely backed up, and cars snaked slowly through the Target and Denny’s parking lots to get around the wreck.
Here’s the list:
- 12:46 a.m. Vehicle hit light post at Alicia & Los Alisos
- 8:17 a.m. Collision on northbound Alicia in front of Target Store
- 8:19 a.m. Alicia & Lanzarote – no injuries
- 9:07 a.m. Santa Margarita & Marguerite Parkways – no injuries
- 10:55 a.m. Alicia & Marguerite – no injuries
- 12:30 p.m. Alicia & Trabuco – Jaguar went off roadway, paramedics called
- 2:48 p.m. Crown Valley Parkway & Bellogente – no injuries